Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pinterest & the "Perfect SAHM" pressures & image

Ah, Pinterest! You have swallowed whole evenings from me when I should be sleeping. Thankfully I've found a couple of keepers!!

 Re-purposing an empty coffee mate container as a snack holder for the girls' diaper bag! This is going to be perfect for road trips! Love that you can see what's in them too!
 Oh Sensory Play!! (more posts to come on this later). Nothing is more satisfying then watching Lexi laugh & giggle while she plays with glowsticks in the bathtub in the dark! So.Much.Fun!!
 Since I've become a full-time SAHM I feel like there's some odd outside pressures and thoughts as to what I should be doing. Baking everything from scratch, a hot meal for the hard working husband every night, perfectly behaved children, & I need to look sexy, skinny & be ready to jump T's bones when he walks through that door! Yeah. NOT.
Like I've said before, I'm learning. I have no problem admitting that. I do, however, feel that so many mothers feel so much outside pressure to achieve all of these things that it ends up hurting relationships & makes them rather work M-F than be home with the kids.

So.. here is my 2nd week as a SAHM. Last night Trev worked so late we didn't have dinner. I ate make shift nachos & watched sappy TLC shows after Lexi went down for the night.
Today, I've done the laundry & attempted to be the perfect SAHM. lol

Home-made Banana Bread! It was delicious! (I would know, being the pregger I am I ate half the loaf) And despite forgetting (darn pregnant mind) the 1 egg the recipe called for the loaf turned out amazing.
 About a month ago while I was still working I decided to make use of yet another pinned item on my Pinterest board. Freezer meals! So I took about 4hrs one morning and made a load of meals! Tonight we're eating savory chicken. Not only does my house smell simply delightful, but I didn't have to barely lift a finger for this hot, home cooked meal :)
Oh yeahhhh. I'll make some mashed potatoes (instant of course; remember, I'm the lazy version of the "Perfect SAHM" and have some corn on the side of this. Mmm Mmm Good!
(More to come on this also, later)- Here I am. Full-blown 28 weeks pregnant with my darling Kyla. Not only do I not fit into any of my "cute bras", but I cannot wear anything but dresses & leggings at this point in my pregnancy. I am at the weight I was when I delivered Lexi & my tummy is certainly larger.
I am working on praying for Kyla daily. Thanking the Lord that he has given me this full, luscious, pregnant body to house her in for 9 months. Body image is a nasty thing. With a mere 9 weeks until C-Section #2 I am trying to focus on the positive, get as prepared as possible, and savor these last moments as having Lexi as my only. My precious 1st daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment