Monday, September 3, 2012

Cradle renovation

I was given a family heirloom to pass down to my girls. My Grandmother saved a doll cradle that was made for my Mom by my Great-Grandfather. 
Upon receiving it I wasn't sure if we had room for it, or what to do with it exactly. The girls needed a toy bin, so it quickly became a catch-all for the toys, blocks, etc. 
After searching Pinterest I couldn't help myself, I just HAD to use some of that chalkboard paint that so many people are using. 
A little bit of sanding, primer & spray paint brought this darling heirloom to life!
Here it is!  

Before/After







I used a turquoise spray pain for the body of the crib & painted the ends in chalkboard paint. My 14 month old is loving scribbling on it & it still holds all her toys (including an old cabbage patch doll that was given to me when I was 3 years old).
Not bad for my first round with chalkboard paint! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment