Thursday, September 13, 2012

Double stroller business

 Today the girls & I got the opportunity to take a walk with our new stroller!

Last week I took our double BOB back to REI (and got a full refund, even after owning it for 9+ months!; THANK you REI membership!) because of it's bulkiness. I was throwing my back out nearly every time I took it in and out of my truck.
Next best option for us was the Phil & Teds stroller with a doubles kit. Works like a charm!


The double BOB weighs around 40lbs & the Phil&Teds weighs closer to 28lbs. HUGE difference.


My little ladies & I
 Kyla used to just scream and scream in the BOB...  welp, she sleeps "like a baby" in the P&T (this stroller is DEFINITELY a keeper now!)
P&T Stroller officially passed the sleeping baby test

View from the Point Whitehorn Marine Reserve lookout
 The girls, my little sister, and I took a walk down the trail at Point Whitehorn Marine Reserve. Beautifully maintained trail, close to home, warm "Indian summer" day. . . what's not to like really?

Stopping at all the lookouts to see over the water was my favorite.
Fall colors are here already!



Love having my sister come along & help out with the kids
 With a teething 14 month old & a colicky 2.5 month old sisterly help is quite welcome.
Super fun trail to walk along

Stairs that led straight to the beach
 Had to get in a little extra picture taking. I think I'm waaay more excited about this stroller business than your average Mama.
Mom shot

Love

Phil & Teds Explorer Stroller with doubles kit. FABULOUS investment!
If the girlies are happy with it, I am surely happy with it.

I added in an infant insert for the back for Kyla (since she's younger than the recommended age to ride in the seat). It supports her head & neck fully & safely, as well as gives her extra cushion & warmth!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're happy with it! Now we just need a walk with your big sister to help out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well heck yeahh!! I'm thinking the Zoo. For reals this time. Or someplace awesome down your way :)

      Delete