Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Venison "spaghetti"

I have been going crazy lately, thinking of ways to use the meat in our freezer. I have a little less than half a deer left & hunting season is a month away! Time to make room!
Again, it's been hard to shove vegetables into my family, so I buy the garden delight noodles. Good substitute? Good enough for tonight anyways. Some days it just isn't worth the fight.

One box garden delight rotini noodles (we choose these over regular spaghetti noodles because they're a toddler-friendly finger food!), a full jar (or better yet, make your own! Tonight I was too lazy) Cabernet Marinara sauce, and one pound venison (tonight I chose sausage) 
 Easiest meal ever. Cooked the noodles, added the sauce, chopped up some sausage (since it was already to eat), mixed it together over low heat & enjoyed!
This was a hit with the husband & my picky toddler tonight who topped theirs with Parmesan cheese & Chia seeds. Other nights, I'll toss in some fresh mushrooms & some greens, but tonight it was a lazy dinner night.
What was for dinner at your house tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment